HOW TO USE THIS SITE

* To understand how people relate to each other open up my pages on Rootsweb Family Tree (link is on the right underneath this message).

* To navigate this website scroll down to the name tags on the right side. You will find all documents related to that person as well as many of their family members. Happy hunting!!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Linking Fisher and Streety families

Family of interest is #438 - The Joseph Gilmore Fisher Family

Click on image to enlargeI recently went to the Family History Library in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah.

My project is to find a link for the Daniel Fisher and Streety families in Bladen County, North Carolina. I have found information online linking these two families, but no hard evidence.

I found that there were three separate courthouse fires in Bladen County, which destroyed most of the documents there for 1700 and 1800. Since I haven't had much luck locating records for Daniel Fisher or his wife, Jane Jones, I decided to look into the Streety family as well as other Fisher relations. I believe Daniel had a brother named Reuben Fisher, who was a Baptist minister. Reuben performed marriages for several of Daniel's children. I have found census records for both Daniel and Reuben, but nothing linking them as brothers.

At the library I found a book entitled 'Bladen County Heritage, North Carolina, Volume 1', call number 975.632 H2b. I copied a page out of that book and post it here. The information was submitted for publication by Mary Tatum McLaughlin, 3514 Sheridan Drive, Durham, NC 27707. This document follows Elijah Fisher, who is another brother of Daniel and Reuben.

I hope someone reading this information will be able to provide further details and documentation.

No comments: